In brief: ‘Chi’ is scissors; ‘Ku’ is rock; ‘Pa’ is paper.
Introduction: A game of quick reflexes that can be played by two or more people.
How to play:
- Introduce the hand signs and their names. These are actually the same as those in ‘Scissors, Paper, Rock’ (in ‘Invasion’ game)
- Chi – the ‘scissors’ hand signal.
- Ku – the ‘rock’ hand signal.
- Pa – the ‘paper’ hand signal.
- Start with one hand.
- One person (the initiator) starts the game by calling out the name of the sign while forming it with his/her hand.
- The rest of the members must display a hand sign that is different from the initiator.
- Whoever shows the same sign as the initiator is out of the game.
- Each surviving player gets a turn to initiate the call.
- This goes on until only 1 survivor is left.
- Use both hands. A person can initiate the same sign with both hands (e.g. “Chi, Chi”, “Ku, Ku” or “Pa, Pa”) or a different one for each hand (e.g. “Chi, Ku”, “Ku, Pa”, “Chi, Pa”). The initiator must remember to call out the correct name(s) of the signs he/she is initiating.
- Invent your own signals. Remember to keep each word to one syllabus.