In brief: ‘It’ jumps on a grid and whoever is along the same line as the ‘it’ is out of the game.
Introduction: I usually play this game just after ‘Pathway to Excellence’ as an energiser for closure.
Prop(s): A large groundsheet marked with a 9 x 9 square grid.
How to play:
- All the players will stand around the groundsheet.
- Select a person to be ‘it’.
- All the players will count to ‘3’ and jump onto a tile on the groundsheet concurrently.
- Anyone that is standing in line with the ‘it’ – horizontally, vertically or diagonally, is out of the game and must leave the groundsheet (see picture – below).
- One of the surviving players will become the next ‘it’.
- From their current positions, the surviving players will jump to another tile concurrently at the count of ’3’.
- The process is repeated.
- The last one standing wins.
- Want to faster game, have 2 ‘its’. And if the 2 ‘its’ are in line with each other, they both die and the rest survive.